If you have already decided to file for a divorce but you worry that you can’t afford the fees, don’t fret. Free consultation with a divorce lawyer does exist in Singapore. Just like here at Singapore Family Lawyer.
We encourage you to book your free consultation with us
Singapore Family Lawyer believes that everyone deserves to get legal help whenever they need it. That’s why those who are worrisome about lawyer fees can obtain a free 30-minute consultation with us.
Here are some of the things that you can expect when you book a free consultation with Singapore Family Lawyer:
- You can freely tell us your concern about getting a divorce.
- We can suggest the perfect lawyer to work and focus on your divorce case.
- We will give you legal advice and guide you with the next decision you should make.
- Our lawyers will let you know the right options and choices regarding your case.
It does not end there!
Our lawyers also offer pro-bono services.
We have pro-bono lawyers who are always ready to provide free legal advice and counsel. If standard legal fees make you hesitant to file for a divorce and move forward, get a free consultation prior to committing to a divorce lawyer’s service.
We can provide free legal advice and legal aid particularly to those who are qualified.
You can use this checklist to find out if you qualify to get free legal advice and aid in Singapore:
- Is the annual value of the residence you possess $13,000 or below?
- Is your average Per Capita Gross Monthly Household Income (PCHI) for the last 12 months prior to your application $950 or below?
- If you are 59 years old or younger, are your non-CPF investments below $10,000?
- If you are 60 years old or older, are your non-CPF investments below $40,000?
In addition to this, you also need to pass the merits test. This will verify if you have reasonable grounds for divorce which will be the basis if your case is qualified to be brought to the court.
Frequently Asked Questions About Free Consultation By Divorce Lawyers in Singapore
Do pro-bono lawyers really offer free legal advice and lawyer consultation?
Pro-bono lawyers provide legal services to those who don’t have the means to pay for lawyer fees. It can be free of charge or at subsidised rate.
Where can I get free consultation from divorce lawyers in Singapore?
Fortunately, Singapore Family Lawyer’s divorce lawyers offer free consultation. We also have pro-bono lawyers who can provide free legal advice and aid if you qualify. Feel free to contact us if you want to get a free consultation.
What is the maximum income to qualify for free legal aid?
Your average Per Capita Gross Monthly Household Income (PCHI) for the last 12 months prior to your divorce application should be a maximum of $950.
Can I get free legal advice and assistance in Singapore if I have savings?
Yes. However, your non-CPF investments should be below $10,000 if you are 59 years old or younger. Furthermore, it should be below $40,000 if you are 60 years old or older.