Legal requirements to fulfil before you can get a Divorce in Singapore
The Family Court will only grant a Divorce if it is convinced that there has been an irretrievable marriage breakdown. To prove that the marriage has irretrievably broken down, you must prove one or more of the following facts:
- Your spouse has committed adultery, and you find it intolerable to live with your spouse.
- Your spouse has behaved in such a way that you can’t reasonably be expected to live with your spouse.
- Your spouse has deserted you for a continuous period of a minimum of 2 years.
- You and your spouse have been separated and lived apart for a minimum of 3 years because your spouse agrees to the Divorce.
- You and your spouse have been separated and lived apart for a minimum of 4 years if your spouse disagrees with the Divorce.