If you have been married for less than 3 years, how do you get the Court’s permission to apply for Divorce?

Posted under News Updates on 31 October 2018

You will need to get the Court’s permission to apply for a Divorce in Singapore if your marriage is less than 3 years old.

You will need to prove to the Court that either:

  1. You have suffered exceptional hardship during the marriage; or
  2. Your spouse has behaved with exceptional depravity.

The application to the Court is done by filing an Originating Summons supported with an Affidavit explaining the reasons for your application

Tags: ,

If you would like to speak to a Singapore family lawyer about your case, please contact Jonathan Wong at [email protected] or +65 9424 6208 today.
WhatsApp chat