What is the Family Court and what types of cases does it handle?
The Family Court handles all Family Law-related Court proceedings in Singapore.
The Family Court handles cases including those relating to:
- Adoption proceedings Divorce, nullity and Judicial Separation proceedings
- Guardianship, Custody, Care and Control of and Access to children
- Division of Matrimonial Assets
- Personal Protection Orders
- Spousal and Child Maintenance
- Enforcement of Maintenance Orders made by Singapore Courts, the Maintenance of Parents Tribunal and the Syariah Court
- Reciprocal enforcement of Maintenance Orders made by Courts in other countries